[CentOS] Let's talk about HTTPS Everywhere

John R. Dennison jrd at gerdesas.com
Wed Jan 19 21:35:42 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 08:40:40PM +0000, Ned Slider wrote:

> You are kidding, right?

	No.

> I do my accounts on CentOS - does that make this a suitable venue to
> discuss my tax returns?

	Please conflate more.

> The SNR of this list is shocking and encouraging the above doesn't help
> any. This thread is already 10 posts and contains not one single
> relevant (to this list) piece of information.

	The OP asked a pretty straight-forward set of questions.  Was it
	100% germane to this list?  No, perhaps not.  Was it better than
	the spoon-feeding and 110% off-topic noise that is a normal
	occurance on this list?  Yes.

	As the question pertains to, indirectly, on-line privacy and
	keeping more clear-text data off the wire I have to say, I'd
	rather see this than the other nonsense here.  YMMV.

							John
--
There are people for whom nothing is more embarrassing than to be caught
not in the know.  To arm themselves against embarrassment, they choose

-- Leon Wieseltier, Washington Diarist: In the Know, The New Republic: Books
   & Arts, 16 September 2010