[CentOS] /etc/rc.conf on CentOS 5.5?

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Wed Jan 19 21:37:51 UTC 2011

Am 19.01.2011 22:30, schrieb Jason S-M:

>>> I am investigating an Apache change I was told about that involved adding apache22_http_accept_enable="YES" to /etc/rc.conf, but I don't think this exists on CentOS 5.
>>>
>>> Can anyone help me decide where to make this change?
>>
>> man chkconfig
>>
>> chkconfig service_name on
>
> I don't follow why what I want to do optimizing http connections would be related to your chkconfig statement above. Apache already starts on system bootup.

What's the reason to investigate how to apply a BSD specific setting on
CentOS?

"Apache 2.2.6 in the FreeBSD 6.2 release will start regardless of the
accf_http kernel module being loaded, and by default doesn't use it. To
reverse this, add apache22_http_accept_enable="YES" to /etc/rc.conf
(which will cause the kernel module to be loaded and Apache to use it)."

There is no such kernel module under Linux.

What do you intend to solve?

Alexander