[CentOS] How to disable screen locking system-wide?

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 16:03:04 UTC 2011

On 1/20/2011 8:18 AM, John Hodrien wrote:

>> KDE has a multi-user x login feature that allows another user to start a new
>> session keeping the existing session active.
>>
>> It might take a little config mod'ing to get it working, but it works. It
>> works best if there is lots of RAM.
>
> So does gnome (another gconf key:
> /apps/gnome-screensaver/user_switch_enabled).  Not tried it on CentOS 5, but
> it works okay on Fedora 12.  You have to be careful not to end up with
> everybody logged in everywhere.

Why is everyone stuck at the console of one particular workstation?  The
point of a multiuser, networked OS is that you can have as many logins
as you want from wherever you want.  I almost never log in directly at
the console of a linux box unless it is broken - or at least the one
where my desktop sessions run.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com