[CentOS] How to disable screen locking system-wide?

Mike McCarty Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 20 20:44:35 UTC 2011

Sorin Srbu wrote:
> [...]

Sounds pretty normal to me. I've worked for a variety of
companies over a period of over twenty years, and similar
policies were in effect in each one. At one company where
I worked, possesion of another person's password was
immediate dismissal grounds, though not automatic.

Any company which doesn't exercise "due diligence" to protect
its trade secrets will lose when trying to recover from
an industrial espionage incident. I know from personal
experience, since I was at a company which went after another
for theft of IP, and nearly wound up having to testify in
court. A friend of mine did have to.

All employees were required to attend a seminar presented
by the full time legal staff, explaining what IP is, and
how it is protected. One thing we were told very forcefully
was that we were to have good passwords (and what that meant),
and that we were never to divulge our passwords to anyone
else.

IANAL, but I suggest that anyone who has any intellectual
property (patents, trade secrets, trade marks) get a lawyer
to explain what they are, what the differences are, and
how to protect them. They need different kinds of protection,
and trade secrets, especially, are hard to protect without
good, secret passwords.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.