[CentOS] cloning a server

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 21:15:51 UTC 2011

On 1/20/2011 2:57 PM, PA wrote:

> I guess what I was asking for is to take a already configured server and put
> it on multiple CD's DVD's and then use that to install on another server.

Clonezilla has an option to save an image, then turn it into a bootable
iso that will come up and install itself but it is a fairly complex
command line and you need space for the copies. It's only worth the
trouble if you want to make a bunch of the same things at locations that
don't have good networking.  It's much easier to dump the image on a USB
drive or network share, boot the CD in the target machine and load from
wherever you saved.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com