[CentOS] How to disable screen locking system-wide?

Mike McCarty Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 21 18:03:21 UTC 2011

Rajagopal Swaminathan wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> On 1/21/11, JohnS <jses27 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, 2011-01-20 at 20:13 -0600, Mike McCarty wrote:
>>
>>> This is on software which ran as POS stuff.
>

> hmm... how about a vlock -a (or inverse thereof) wrapper?

We wanted to log the user out of the POS application, not
lock out of the machine. That also doesn't address overwriting
of sensitive material in RAM. Also, it was with SCO, not
Linux. It should really be thought of more as an embedded
application. Upon boot up, the first thing run was the app,
and that occurred automatically. The users were not computer
savvy. In fact, the ones who thought they had some savvy
were the ones causing most of the problems, by messing
up the configuration.

One guy liked to rename directories to suit his fancy.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.