[CentOS] Is it okay?

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Fri Jan 21 19:13:54 UTC 2011

On 01/21/11 10:35 AM, Stephen Harris wrote:
> I replaced my old redhat 6 firewall (Pentium Pro) with a wrt54g around 7
> years ago when I realised just how much energy that machine was wasting
> spinning up hard disks and stuff.

wrt54's (I have a wrt54gs v1.0 doing  my wireless) are awfully slow
little processors.   I have considered and still may get around to
setting up a little atom or something running pfSense, with no hard
disk, and moving my services to a modest powered NAS/server box, which
would double as the media server on my LAN (4 x 2TB or something)   The
P3-450 running my network now draws about 70 watts average per my
Kill-A-Watt, which really isn't that bad.