[CentOS] curious reboot output

Tim Dunphy

bluethundr at gmail.com
Sun Jan 23 02:40:57 UTC 2011

Hello list!

 I was just curious about the output of a command I typed.

[root at LCENT02:~] #last reboot | head -1
reboot   system boot  2.6.18-194.26.1. Wed Dec 29 20:03         (24+01:33)

This is odd because this machine was rebuilt today (Saturday 1/22) in
mid afternoon. Just curious how the output of this command could NOT
know this?

Also I notice that on select machines the command init 6 does not seem
to reboot the machine. I have to type the reboot command in order for
this to actually happen. Any troubleshooting tips here?

Thanks

--
GPG me!!

gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys F186197B