[CentOS] CentOS and Dell MD3200i / MD3220i iSCSI w/ multipath -- slightly OT

Dr. Ed Morbius dredmorbius at gmail.com
Sun Jan 23 04:28:52 UTC 2011

on 23:06 Sat 22 Jan, Rajagopal Swaminathan (raju.rajsand at gmail.com) wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> On 1/22/11, Edward Morbius <dredmorbius at gmail.com> wrote:
> > CentOS is not a Dell-supported configuration, and we've had little helpful
> > advice from Dell.  There's been some amount of FUD in that Dell don't seem
> > to know what Dell's own software installation (the md3
> >
> > Dell doesn't seem to have much OS experience generally.
> >

> +1
>
> It is to be expected from Dell as they outsource support to non-"equal
> opportunity" employers who do not hire support agents beond 40 years
> of age (per HR).

We actually had a very good experience earlier with server hardware
(PowerEdge R610 and R410 systems).  Helpful, proactive, dug up some
recent tech, even provided a significant amount of replacement RAM
should that have proved to be the problem (it wasn't).  The storage side
of the house is an entirely different animal.

The issue BTW was ECC memory errors (disabling C-State in BIOS was the
fix).

--
Dr. Ed Morbius
Chief Scientist