[CentOS] ifcfg-rh: error: Unknown connection type 'Bridge'

Gordon Messmer yinyang at eburg.com
Sun Jan 23 22:56:51 UTC 2011

On 01/23/2011 04:31 AM, Kai Schaetzl wrote:
> Still, it could get re-enabled with an update, RH loves to do this for
> some services.

Having reviewed the scripts for all of the services on a server that
runs many, I'm very confident that the reason you see that happen is
that you are using "chkconfig --del <service>" rather than "chkconfig
<service> off" to disable services.  If you turn them off, they'll stay
off.  None of the post install scripts that I've found will enable a
service; nearly all use "chkconfig --add" which will put a service in
its default state *if* no state is currently configured.