[CentOS] Why one shouldn't cross post [was: putting "/tmp" to memory]

Rudi Ahlers Rudi at SoftDux.com
Mon Jan 24 13:46:11 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 3:33 PM, Leonard den Ottolander
<leonard at den.ottolander.nl> wrote:
> On Sun, 2011-01-23 at 21:00 -0500, Mailing List wrote:
>> I can not see the reason to why his question is being scrutinized.  If I needed an
>> answer whether it be homework or legitimate work I was doing, I would ask where ever
>> I thought I would get the right answer.
>
> Cross posting, especially such basic questions is frowned upon. It's a
> very selfish attitude, childish even, as in "I need everyone's attention
> and I need it right now". It shows you don't appreciate the effort
> people put into answering your questions and you don't care about
> wasting resources. If you post to the correct list your question will
> most probably be answered fairly quickly.
>
> Please have a look at f.e.
> http://linux.sgms-centre.com/misc/netiquette.php#xpost
>
> or put something like "cross posting mailing lists netiquette" in your
> favourite search engine. Do some reading about how people expect you to
> behave before posting to mailing lists.
>
> Regards,
> Leonard.

Instead of wasting time and bandwidth on this flame, why not just tell
him what todo?

--
Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers