[CentOS] ifcfg-rh: error: Unknown connection type 'Bridge'

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Mon Jan 24 14:31:36 UTC 2011

Gordon Messmer wrote on Sun, 23 Jan 2011 14:56:51 -0800:

> Having reviewed the scripts for all of the services on a server that
> runs many, I'm very confident that the reason you see that happen is
> that you are using "chkconfig --del <service>" rather than "chkconfig
> <service> off" to disable services.

I suspected that, thanks for confirmation. When I started seeing this
happen back with 5.1 and 5.2 I stopped removing the services and just set
them "off". I haven't done a scrutenizing effort to check if that really
fixed the problem, but later it seemed to occur less often that unwanted
services wanted to run.

Kai