[CentOS] Recommendation for a Linux alternative to Centos - ATH9K disaster

Les Bell lesbell at lesbell.com.au
Wed Jan 26 07:44:57 UTC 2011

Always Learning <centos at g7.u22.net> wrote:

Thanks for the good advice. I wondered why the installer gave those
choices. Now it makes sense.  All my production data resides on /data
and I tend to leave the standard directories alone
<<

Paul, if you want a basic explanation of the rationale behind the Linux
Filesystem Hierarchy Standard, you might enjoy this article from a course I
wrote years ago - it's a little dated, but still applicable today.

http://www.lesbell.com.au/Home.nsf/web/What+Goes+Where+on+a+Linux+System?OpenDocument

Best,

--- Les Bell
[http://www.lesbell.com.au]