[CentOS] Package updates for 5.4?

Mitch Patenaude mitch at rapleaf.com
Thu Jan 27 01:51:51 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 5:42 PM, Gene <brandtg at bellsouth.net> wrote:

> Can you tell us more about you cluster? Nodes? Purpose? I managed a small
> 90 node cluster for seismic work.

300+ nodes total, 200 in a hadoop cluster used for mapreduce, the rest in a
variety of headless datacenter roles (web, mail, database, backup, etc.).
 They are somewhat sensitive to version updates, so I was hoping to find a
way to find the security updates (patch level) without having to change
versions.  Upgrading to 5.6 would likely involve upgrading several core
packages (mysql, ruby, python, bind, even glibc and the kernel). Is this a
pipe dream?

  Thanks,
    -- Mitch