[CentOS] how to unmount an NFS share when the NFS server is unavailable?

Always Learning centos at g7.u22.net
Thu Jan 27 15:23:10 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-01-27 at 10:05 -0500, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:

> > On Wed, 2011-01-26 at 23:05 -0800, John R Pierce wrote:
> >
> >> cpanel is pure crap.

> It may be crap, but a) I haven't seen any ISPs that offer shell access for
> the better part of a decade, at least, and b) consider the enTHUsistic
> folks who build so many websites who have no clue about computers,
> security, and get the cooties if they were to see a command line.
>
> *shrug* I live with it from my hosting provider. But then, I do everything
> on my own system (CentOS, of course), and hardly do more with cPanel than
> I would/could with Ye Olde Ftp.

I moved to VPSs and got root access and a choice. Top of the list was
Centos so I chose it. I have been happy ever since. Centos evokes
cherished memories of 'real computing' in different countries.
Personally M$ Windoze and Cpanel are unpleasant memories. Perhaps they
are suitable for those lacking good computer skills but I really don't
want that crap especially at my non-young age. I want quality and a
professional operating system. Centos gives it to me.

--

With best regards,

Paul.
England,