[CentOS] Power-outage

Wed Jul 6 20:52:01 UTC 2011
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 07/06/11 1:41 PM, Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:
> I would/will only use 12V power for direct connection from UPS battery
> to ATX connector. It reduces conversion losses and power draw.

if by ATX connector, you mean the one on the motherboard, a standard ATX
mainboard requires REGULATED 12 volts, as well as 5V and 3.3V and
-5(legacy) and -12(legacy).  Your 12V battery is more like 14V when its
fully charged and connected to a trickle charger, and down around 11.5V
when its under load and mostly depleted.    If you wanted to run a
mainboard on this sort of power, you would need a specially designed
mainboard with built in DC-DC supplies, or you would need a DC-DC
multi-voltage ATX compatible power supply (such as previously mentioned
on this thread)