[CentOS] Sudo #includedir function ignored CentOS 6

Wed Jul 27 12:39:48 UTC 2011
Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com>

On Tue, 2011-07-26 at 15:59 -0500, Trey Dockendorf wrote:
> Well I verified that putting the following line in /etc/sudoers works
>

> zabbix ALL=NOPASSWD: /var/lib/zabbix/bin/start_puppet
>

> However if I put it in /etc/sudoers.d/zabbix-puppet it does not.
>  Exact same spacing and everything.
>

> The file was created with Puppet , and based on these errors I'm at a
> loss...
>

> I check the syntax, it fails
>

> # visudo -c -f /etc/sudoers.d/zabbix-puppet
> parse error in /etc/sudoers.d/zabbix-puppet near line 0
>

> I then open the file with visudo, make absoltely no changes, just ":q"
> out, still get error.
>

> # visudo -f /etc/sudoers.d/zabbix-puppet
>

> Then if I run the syntax check again it passes.  However I still can't
> run the command without password prompt.
>

> # visudo -c -f /etc/sudoers.d/zabbix-puppet
> /etc/sudoers.d/zabbix-puppet: parsed OK
>

> The files permissions are correct as specified by sudoers
> documentation on #includedir
----
probably should ask on the puppet list since using an includedir
function would be far more likely with puppet where most people would
just tack on their edits to /etc/sudoers directly.

I am sort of interested in your solution by the way (I am on the puppet
list too) because I use puppet but so far, only on Ubuntu and it appears
that our CentOS systems will eventually be phased out.

by the way, I have seen the same sort of spookiness about syntax errors
created by visudo on Ubuntu 10.04 on perfectly valid edits. Had me
scratching my head too. I used to always just use emacs to edit the file
but at work, I try to play by the conventions.

Craig

believed to be clean.