[CentOS] Centos|Windows Cross Platform File Managers

Keith Roberts

keith at karsites.net
Fri Jul 1 19:19:25 UTC 2011

On Thu, 30 Jun 2011, Keith Roberts wrote:

> From: Keith Roberts <keith at karsites.net>
> Subject: Re: [CentOS] Centos|Windows Cross Platform File Managers
>

> Here's the output of running DC from the command line:
>
> [root at karsites doublecmd]# ./doublecmd.sh
> Start watching
> Double Commander 0.4.5.2 beta
> Revision: 2968M
> Build: 2010/08/21
> Lazarus: 0.9.29-23841
> Free Pascal: 2.4.0
> Platform: i386-Linux-gtk2
> This program is free software released under terms of GNU
> GPL 2
> (C)opyright 2006-2010 Koblov Alexander (Alexx2000 at mail.ru)
>    and contributors (see about dialog)

I'm using DC now for Centos 5.6 main machine, and also on my
Vista laptop.

I also found http://winscp.net/eng/index.php

which is a gFTP type of FTP client.

I managed to connect to my main machine from my Vista laptop
running this and FTP'd a test file from Centos 5.6 to my
Vista laptop.

Next thing is to connect my Vista laptop to the CUPS server
running on my Centos main machine, so I can print from some
Vista laptop apps like Firefox, to my printer connected to
the Centos 5.6 machine.

I'm not a lover of M$ stuff, but the application I need to
run is Windows only, and doing a fresh install of Vista as I
also have the Tech Guys recovery disk seems like the easiest
option for me.

There is also alot of GPL's stuff written for Windows as
well on sourceforge, so I might as well setup my laptop so I
can make free use of that, as it's there for the taking.

Kind Regards,

Keith Roberts

Websites:
http://www.karsites.net