[CentOS] Power-outage

Devin Reade gdr at gno.org
Sat Jul 2 19:51:29 UTC 2011

Ljubomir Ljubojevic <office at plnet.rs> wrote:

> First is to have LAN power controller/switch, can't remember how you
> call it. It can monitor several inputs like voltage, on/off, etc, and it
> can be used to cut and restore power, as well as reboot. They have web
> interface and are accessible via IP. Wireless network guys use them.

I do in fact use these (they're called managed power distribution units,
such as the APC AP7900), not only for such manual operations but also
because they're good for doing fencing in HA clusters.

However, that does not alter the fact that this solution requires
human intervention (albiet in this case you can do it remotely).
It doesn't fix the flaw, it just works around it.

It's also an additional expense that I don't think would be in the
OP's scope.

Devin