[CentOS] Power-outage

Rajagopal Swaminathan raju.rajsand at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 05:47:53 UTC 2011

Greetings,

On 7/5/11, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/4/11 5:14 PM, Timothy Murphy wrote:
>>
>   Generally replacing the battery will fix this, but by 6-10 years other
> components will go too.

<rant>
I was running a shop with two servers as ltsp with about 100 thin
clients and a dozen projectors.

One 20 KVA UPS powered all of them

There was another 25KVS for critical fan light etc.

Withing two years at least 20  (out of 64 IIRC) ("mainance free")
batteries were replaced.

I insisted on water test on the batteries.

I would suggest do a water on test batteries _before_ buying/installing them

The entire battery pack was replaced. Thank god they were under
warranty. Otherwise I would have been skinless probably.

beware of maitenance free ones.

As the one man show , of course I will not mention the woe/sob/curses
Ihad to face due to outages. An oh almost all the users werere PHBs/
or would be PHBs
</rant>

--
Regards,