[CentOS] CentOS 6 supported hardware

Michael Schumacher michael.schumacher at pamas.de
Tue Jul 5 09:52:41 UTC 2011

Mark,

On Tuesday, July 5, 2011 you wrote:

> Has anyone seen a supported hardware list on CentOS 6?

Check my question regarding the same question from May. 3rd this year
with the subject "list of supported hardware".

There is a list of certified hardware, but no list of supported hardware.

I find this strange as in my opinion the hardware support is mainly
handled in the kernel. If people are writing drivers for the kernel, it
would be quite simple to ask them adding the supported hardware to a
list.

Some two years ago I had an issue with a new motherboard. After a
kernel update, it had massive memory errors in the log-files. It
turned out that a new kernel driver simply added the feature of
reporting errors. They were there before, but not reported. I had to
wade through the kernel source code and the history-files to figure
out what had happened. Not really good, but OTOH no CENTOS problem.

best regards
---
Michael Schumacher
PAMAS Partikelmess- und Analysesysteme GmbH
Dieselstr.10, D-71277 Rutesheim
Tel +49-7152-99630
Fax +49-7152-996333
Geschäftsführer: Gerhard Schreck