[CentOS] Cluster Failover Troubleshooting (luci and ricci)

Ryan Bunce RBunce at micatholicconference.org
Wed Jul 6 17:59:07 UTC 2011

Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:

I never installed or used any Conga/lucci/ricci sistem.

But as far as I know and understand, you need to have a way for server
failing to warn the rest of the nodes. Your log said it failed.

Some of the failover sistems need separate network connected to
collective file systems. So when eth0 is not working, main node will use
  eth1(2,3,4) to report this event to all other nodes.

What comes to mind is that IP's set for interconnection (in lucci conf)
must not be public IP's but of that separate/secundary network in order
for main node to be able to contact the rest of the nodes.

I hope this helps.

Ljubomir

Ljubomir,

Thank you for your reply.  I do have a secondary NIC providing the
communication between the cluster nodes.

I set this up by creating host entries in the /etc/hosts file and pointing
those entries to the IP addresses assigned to the NIC's connected via
x-over cable.

I then created the cluster using the names specified in the hosts file.
I've done some network sniffing on the NIC's connected with x-over cable
and there's clearly a constant communication between the two boxes.  This
leads me to conclude that the cluster communication is both working and
moving over the channel I intended.

Thanks for the input.  Let me know if you have any other suggestions.

Ryan