[CentOS] Rsyslog5 and CentOS

aly.khimji at gmail.com aly.khimji at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 18:49:16 UTC 2011

Not sure exactly what you need but I came across this when setting up rsyslog to work with mysql and was having SELinux protecting services. This is what I used you can see if it helps resolve your issue. Again I don't know if this will work for you but u can try it in a test environment and see if it helps

# setenforce 0
# service rsyslog restart
# cat /var/log/audit/audit.log | grep rsyslogd | audit2allow -M myselinuxmod; semodule -i myselinuxmod.pp
# setenforce 1
# service rsyslog restart

That should get all audit related errors, audit allow a policy file and load up the file.

Tweak it as u see fit,
HTH

Aly