[CentOS] Power-outage

Ljubomir Ljubojevic office at plnet.rs
Wed Jul 6 21:07:44 UTC 2011

John R Pierce wrote:
> On 07/06/11 1:41 PM, Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:
>> I would/will only use 12V power for direct connection from UPS battery
>> to ATX connector. It reduces conversion losses and power draw.
>
> if by ATX connector, you mean the one on the motherboard, a standard ATX
> mainboard requires REGULATED 12 volts, as well as 5V and 3.3V and
> -5(legacy) and -12(legacy).  Your 12V battery is more like 14V when its
> fully charged and connected to a trickle charger, and down around 11.5V
> when its under load and mostly depleted.    If you wanted to run a
> mainboard on this sort of power, you would need a specially designed
> mainboard with built in DC-DC supplies, or you would need a DC-DC
> multi-voltage ATX compatible power supply (such as previously mentioned
> on this thread)

This part of the thread is about DC input ATX power supplies, and I was
referring to 12V input ATX power supply and the length of the cable
between 12V source and 12V input PSU. "Direct" was meant to mean
dirrectly from battery of the UPS to DC input PSU where UPS is next to
the motherboard/case.

Ljubomir