[CentOS] how to enable Flow Control on CentOS?

Rudi Ahlers

Rudi at SoftDux.com
Thu Jul 7 11:46:22 UTC 2011

Hi,

I have an interesting situation with one of our switches. It's a
D-Link DGS-3100, 24 port 10/100/1000 Layer 2 Managed switch with some
CentOS servers connected to it. On many of the servers I need to
disable Flow Control on the switch's ports otherwise the CentOS
server's doesn't connect to the switch. i.e. the Switch indicates that
the LAN cable is unplugged and CentOS can simply not connect to any
host on the LAN.

As soon as I disable Flow Control, CentOS "breaks".

Does anyone know why this would happen, or how / if I can enable Flow
Control in CentOS as well?

--
Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers