[CentOS] how to enable Flow Control on CentOS?

Digimer linux at alteeve.com
Thu Jul 7 12:31:48 UTC 2011

On 07/07/2011 07:46 AM, Rudi Ahlers wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have an interesting situation with one of our switches. It's a
> D-Link DGS-3100, 24 port 10/100/1000 Layer 2 Managed switch with some
> CentOS servers connected to it. On many of the servers I need to
> disable Flow Control on the switch's ports otherwise the CentOS
> server's doesn't connect to the switch. i.e. the Switch indicates that
> the LAN cable is unplugged and CentOS can simply not connect to any
> host on the LAN.
>
> As soon as I disable Flow Control, CentOS "breaks".
>
> Does anyone know why this would happen, or how / if I can enable Flow
> Control in CentOS as well?

I've got many CentOS machines connected to a few DGS-3100 (24 and 48
port versions) and I've not seen this problem before. I can't suggest
what might be the problem, but I am going to guess that it's server side.

--
Digimer
E-Mail:              digimer at alteeve.com
Freenode handle:     digimer
Papers and Projects: http://alteeve.com
"I feel confined, only free to expand myself within boundaries."