[CentOS] Bug in CentOS Autotools

John R. Dennison jrd at gerdesas.com
Fri Jul 8 10:08:23 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jul 08, 2011 at 05:01:30AM -0500, John J. Boyer wrote:
> I've installed autoconf and automake from the CentOS repository. When I
> get liblouisutdml from its repository and run the autogen.sh script and
> then configure I get the error I explained in my previous message.
> Autoconf is generating a bad configure script. I've had the same problem
> on other CentOS installations, and nobody could figure out what it was.
> The nearest I can come is that some development file is missing from
> CentOS. This is not a problem for me to look at but for the CentOS
> experts. I just want to get my project to build, as it did on rhel. If I
> need to install something else from the CentOS repository, please tell
> me what.

Again, please stop top-posting to the CentOS mailing lists.  Please see
http://www.centos.org/modules/tinycontent/index.php?id=16 for more
information on the rules for the lists.

Not to be rude, but we can't read your mind, or your terminal output for
that matter.  You need to provide specifics if you expect anyone to help
you.  You claim that this is a CentOS-specific issue yet you provide no
detail whatsoever to validate that claim.  Providing the _specific_
errors that you are seeing may allow someone to help you; not doing so
is just a waste of time.

If you want this package to build properly you need to meet people at
least half-way.

							John
--
No man can think clearly when his fists are clenched.

-- George Jean Nathan