[CentOS] More on CentOS autotools bug

Ljubomir Ljubojevic office at plnet.rs
Fri Jul 8 16:15:00 UTC 2011

Brunner, Brian T. wrote:
> This suggests, to me, cutting a little slack for the man.
>
> About his hearing implant, which enables him to hear sound but not
> understand speech: "If I am in a noisy place it is nice to be able to
> turn off my hearing."  I have wished I could switch off my hearing, MANY
> times in stores, and on the streets (no fan of loud rap here!).

His approach was the problem. If he asked for the help to compile those
projects on RHEL/CentOS I am sure someone would volunteer.

I suggest following:

John Hodrien and Lars Hecking both say they found the problem. They
should exchange info and/or file a bug/patch for given code.

Someone (else?) could take over requesting maintainers of Fedora
packages to support EPEL repository also (at least for C6). Fedora
packages alre

This would solve this problem in most expedient way and allow people
with disability to (better) use CentOS.

Ljubomir