[CentOS] Where can I download centos 6

John R. Dennison jrd at gerdesas.com
Fri Jul 8 21:25:42 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jul 08, 2011 at 04:59:37PM -0400, Steven Crothers wrote:
> How is the site excellent if it changes nearly every other day, displays

Um...  Perhaps it's just me...

But the QA calendar says "QA dates are tentative dates for internal planning
only.  These dates are not official release dates, but only a guide for
the QA team.  All target dates are subject to change."

That indicates, to me at least, that changes should be expected.  I
would be more concerned if changes did not occur.

> zero useful information on the development cycle, and discourages people to
> register and be a part of the community or development process (Now before
> anyone says its not a development cycle and its only "repackaging" you're
> full of crap. You're linkedin says you're developing, so that will no longer
> fly).

Linkedin has nothing to do with this and you're just grasping at straws.
It's been quite clear that you've no actual understanding of what goes
into a respin; in fact, since you've nothing but dirt to sling how about
this?  I publicly challenge you to put out your own respin.  You
apparently think that it's easy, so put your money where your mouth is
and do it.

> It's the most closed source project for open source software I've ever seen.

And yet...  You're still here blathering and crying.

> It's a lack of responsibility, if you don't want to make a commitment, move
> over; don't keep playing it up like you're doing something positive.

And where, might I ask, is your contribution?  Or do you just like to
cry?  Should I send you a cartoon of Kleenex?

> * Scientific Linux 6

How does SL6 have anything at all to do with "coming out of" CentOS?
It's a separate and distinct project with dissimilar goals.

> * Oracle Enterprise 6 (Which is free to download folks)

With no updates unless you pay.  Yes, that's quite useful for the enterprise.

							John
--
Spring is nature's way of saying, "Let's party!"

-- Robin Williams (1952-), American actor and comedian