[CentOS] Where can I download centos 6

Dave Stevens geek at uniserve.com
Fri Jul 8 22:32:25 UTC 2011

Quoting Steven Crothers <steven.crothers at gmail.com>:

> How is the site excellent if it changes nearly every other day, displays
> zero useful information on the development cycle, and discourages people to
> register and be a part of the community or development process (Now before
> anyone says its not a development cycle and its only "repackaging" you're
> full of crap. You're linkedin says you're developing, so that will no longer
> fly).
>
> It's the most closed source project for open source software I've ever seen.

probably no one here wants to take on your personal experiences, no
matter how vivid they may be to you...

> It's a lack of responsibility, if you don't want to make a commitment, move
> over; don't keep playing it up like you're doing something positive.
>
> Thankfully some good things have come of this complete disaster that is
> CentOS 6.

Not a complete disaster. CentOS is a viable free/libre OS that serves
nicely as an alternative to a paid version and is a handy incubator
for Red Hat regardless of that not being a project goal. I have made
some criticisms of the release and development model on this list but
I also made a suggestion of how to address it and am willing to work
toward resolving some problems I see. All points absent from your mail.

What in particular do you suggest?

Dave

> * Scientific Linux 6
> * Oracle Enterprise 6 (Which is free to download folks)
> * Clear-OS Core (Which is ran by a professional organization instead of a
> group if you're into that)
>
> On Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 2:52 PM, Florin Andrei <florin at andrei.myip.org>wrote:
>
>> On 07/08/2011 01:48 AM, Nicolas Thierry-Mieg wrote:
>> >
>> > right, there is a website with status updates, and Jeff and others are
>> > doing a great job at keeping it up to date (thanks!).
>> > http://qaweb.dev.centos.org/qa/dashboard
>>
>> This site is excellent. Now, if I could only adjust the time zone
>> displayed to match my own, so as to make more sense of the timestamps on
>> the various posts in there, that would be perfect. :)
>>
>> --
>> Florin Andrei
>> http://florin.myip.org/
>>

> --
> Steven Crothers
> steven.crothers at gmail.com

--
"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
   Krishnamurti