[CentOS] Celebrating Centos 6.0 Day World-wide

Ljubomir Ljubojevic office at plnet.rs
Sat Jul 9 18:30:11 UTC 2011

Giles Coochey wrote:
> On 09/07/2011 20:13, Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:
>> I already have several friends lined up for installation. But you
>> should also be prepared to help them with install and primary setup,
>> like adding third party repositories for audio/video codecs and
>> similar. Ljubomir
>
> And the next ten years or free technical support :)
>
> I do like Linux over other operating systems, but I wouldn't wish it on
> any of my non-techie friends...
>
> CentOS is what I primarily work on for Server Labs, not usually desktop
> environments anyway.

I have my on CentOS 5.x repository with things like OpenOffice 3.3,
latest Skype (static) packed into rpm, and even virtual rpms that
install from mine and other third repos all that I like in Desktop
application of Linux.

CentOS 6.0 will be even better since it has newer base packages
supporting new, better developed applications. When you add
Wine+PlayOnLinux (70+ of newer games like Call of Duty 4), but with
stability..., you have a winner.

Ljubomir