[CentOS] Celebrating Centos 6.0 Day World-wide

Rudi Ahlers Rudi at SoftDux.com
Sat Jul 9 20:22:00 UTC 2011

On Sat, Jul 9, 2011 at 8:04 PM, Always Learning <centos at u6.u22.net> wrote:

> May I suggest that all us very grateful users of Centos make 6 copies of
> Centos  6.0 (either i386 or/and X64) and hand then out to friends,
> colleagues or strangers (unknown members of the public) who might be
> interested in trying Centos ?

This is a great and noble idea but you're going to cause unwanted problems
for some people. And often times those people would rather pay the 100pounds
extra for Windows than have to try and actually become computer fundies.

My mother, father, in-laws, some friends and many of our client could
benefit from the cost saving that Linux has to offer. But they won't change
over, no matter you convinsing your story about computer liberty is, cause
Linux simmply cannot replave Windows. Not for them at least. Linux doesn't
work for everyone.

CentOS is great as a server OS, but it won't replace our accountant's
Windows 7 desktop - the amount of technical compatibilies issues we're going
to sit with is just not worth it.

Don't use a jack hammer to drive in a nail :)

> A modification of this idea could be to distribute "Live" versions of
> Centos that can run without altering a computer's hard disk(s).
>
> Wasn't, or isn't there a Live distro already?

> --
> With best regards,
>
> Paul.
> England,
> EU.
>
> 1 June 2010 Exclusively Centos & Gnome. Liberated from M$ Windoze.

Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers
SoftDux

Website: http://www.SoftDux.com