[CentOS] Celebrating Centos 6.0 Day World-wide

Ljubomir Ljubojevic office at plnet.rs
Sat Jul 9 20:55:05 UTC 2011

Always Learning wrote:
> On Sat, 2011-07-09 at 21:09 +0200, Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:
>
>> RPMForge is not "the base/official repo", and you are using -ugly-
>> package for MP3
>>
>> Quote:
>> "GStreamer Ugly Plug-ins is a set of plug-ins that have good quality and
>> correct functionality, but distributing them might pose problems. The
>> license on either the plug-ins or the supporting libraries might not be
>> how we'd like. The code might be widely known to present patent problems."
>
> Pragmatically, either one wants mp3 files to play or one is not too
> bothered if they do not play.
>
> RPMForge is Dag and friends (uit Belgie). Many including me regard Dag
> enz. as a wonderful and very useful part of the wider Centos project.

Short version (I am hungry):

Experience (19 years of Windows phone support and 5 years of Linux
administration and usage as a desktop surrounded by Windows users) says
that in order to convert (reluctant) Windows user you have to fully
replicate Windows environment with compatible Linux Apps. Period.

Ljubomir