[CentOS] Celebrating Centos 6.0 Day World-wide

Ljubomir Ljubojevic office at plnet.rs
Sat Jul 9 21:27:52 UTC 2011

John R. Dennison wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 09, 2011 at 10:14:28PM +0100, Always Learning wrote:
>> Its time for the world to drift away from the M$ Windoze expensive
>> nightmare. Centos is a very good alternative.
>
> While that might be true, the reality of the situation is different.
> Until you can provide a seamless drop-in replacement for Windows that
> does not require a change in work-flow habits learned over the course
> of, for some, many years such a switchover will _never_ happen en masse.

Well, larger and lager fear of malware, trojans and regular viruses is
excellent motivator. Especially when you add need to pay for good AV/IS
solution. My country men are poor and paying even 20 EUR per year for
good AV/IS software is something they hate and most never do. And when
you add the slowdown good AV/IS brings... jackpot.

Ljubomir