[CentOS] CentOS and Bandwidth

Drew Weaver drew.weaver at thenap.com
Sun Jul 10 13:17:31 UTC 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: centos-bounces at centos.org [mailto:centos-bounces at centos.org] On Behalf Of Michael Peterson
Sent: Sunday, July 10, 2011 9:15 AM
To: centos at centos.org
Subject: [CentOS] CentOS and Bandwidth

I am looking forward to using CentOS 6 soon.

I have the torrent running to download and help others download it.

I am trying out Scientific Linux 6 while awaiting the arrival of CentOS 6.
It took a lot of work to get it installed and configured on a system.
I plan to run them both on 2 systems and see what happens.

I look forward to the release of CentOS 6.1 soon also.
Let me know where I can browse to see if I can help in any areas other
than the torrent.

If I have a T1 size pipe going out what is my max possible kB out?

I have the torrent turned up to 100kB and my VPN still seems responsive.

Thanks for all the hard working in getting this release ready.

Good job on getting CentOS 5.6 out first however.

1,540,000 (bps) / 8 * .90 = your maximum throughput in Bps.

thanks,
-Drew