[CentOS] Working with the upstream vendor

Ljubomir Ljubojevic office at plnet.rs
Sun Jul 10 14:41:49 UTC 2011

John R. Dennison wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 10, 2011 at 10:23:57AM +0200, Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:
>
> Diatribe about Serbia removed.
>
> Is this really the appropriate list for this type of political
> pontification?

I was one mail away from being shunned as just another crackpot
conspiracy theorist because I always look for ulterior motives. People
who never been exposed to systematic lying can not comprehend the dept
of lies or deceptions and are quick to dismiss anything that is not in
their comfort zone. So my intention was to say that I been through a lot
since I was 16-17, lied or deceived constantly and in order to stay sane
and safe learned to view any appearance from multiple standpoints.

But if I had said it like my last sentence, I would be challenged that
it could not be so bad and that I must indeed be paranoid. So I added
just a small part of what is sitting on my back and forming my opinion.

The actual point I wanted to make is not what "western world" has done
to my country, that has been, is now (Libya for instance) and will be,
and I am not moping about that. But looking from the other side of the
presented truth (by corporate media) I have witnessed deliberate and
opened lies from every single news media from *every* country including
mine and from politicians and corporations, so perception that (even)
Red Hat is not trying to undermine those he sees as enemies/competitors
is for me false.

Since I can only speak from personal experience, I focused on events in
my former and current country.

For next few paragraphs forget parties involved and weigh the facts.
This is can bee found somewhere on the net.

For example, one picture from Bosnian war where you see Serbian soldiers
in in front of the barb wire and hungry civilians behind it was
presented to entire world as horrible genocide comparable to Nazi's.

Truth:
Serbian television responded to that picture by broadcasting video
footage of that same barb wire at the same time at the same place. Video
showed soldiers standing *inside* the small open storage surrounded by
barb wire and civilians standing around it leaning on to the wire and
talking to the members of the press, both western and local. Civilians
were some starved refugees given food and crud shelter.

I am sure you can find countless examples just like this one, in each
war and on the every side of those wars. I for one have seen numerous
accounts in last 20 years only in 600km radius (ex Yugoslavia). But we
are oblivious to them and believe news media unless we actually witness
some open lie, at witch time we forever stop trusting people explicitly.

I hope this clears things a bit and convince you I was focusing on
deception and not the any political agenda.

Ljubomir