[CentOS] centos 6 (what else? :) :)

fred smith

fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Mon Jul 11 02:01:14 UTC 2011

Hi all!

My thanks to the Centos team for continuing to slave away on C6
even with all the distractions!!!

Just did a test install on my eeepc 901 (on an external drive, til I'm
comfortable with it) and find that it doesn't seem to know how to talk
to the ralink 2860 wireless chipset.

A few months back I did a test install of Scientific Linux 6 and as
I recall it (I may be mis-remembering) it "just worked".

So I enabled EPEL and RPMFUSION but they don't seem to have the
driver either.

Clues appreciated.

Thanks again to all to work on this!