[CentOS] Installing from CD

Ron Blizzard rb4centos at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 21:37:02 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 4:13 PM, david <david at daku.org> wrote:

> I wish I could, but this machine can boot only from a CD, a diskette
> or a HardDrive.  USB is not an option.
>
> Am I stuck on Centos 5.x forever, or will the multi-CD images appear
> eventually?

The CentOS 6 announcement says that a Live CD (which will allow
installation) and a Minimal Install CD are on the way "within a few
days." I don't know for sure, but I think I remember that "Upstream"
decided to no longer support multiple CDs when they went to version 6
of their product. You'll no longer find CD sets of version 6 at
Scientific Linux either -- although they also have various Live and
Minimal CDs available.

--
RonB -- Using CentOS 5.6