[CentOS] Installing from CD

Denniston, Todd A CIV NAVSURFWARCENDIV Crane todd.denniston at navy.mil
Mon Jul 11 21:45:35 UTC 2011

Boot with boot.iso
http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Instal
lation_Guide/Making_Minimal_Boot_Media.html

But you will have to find some way to get the rest of the install to the
machine, such as
A local hard, USB
http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Instal
lation_Guide/s1-begininstall-hd-x86.html
NFS
http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Instal
lation_Guide/s1-begininstall-nfs-x86.html
HTTP
http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Instal
lation_Guide/s1-installationmethod-x86.html