[CentOS] No Package Manager? (Where's YumEx)

Keith Roberts keith at karsites.net
Mon Jul 11 22:20:39 UTC 2011

On Mon, 11 Jul 2011, Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:

> From: Ljubomir Ljubojevic <office at plnet.rs>
> Subject: Re: [CentOS] No Package Manager? (Where's YumEx)
>
> Keith Roberts wrote:
>>
>> I'd go for Smart Package Manager if it's available on Centos
>> 6?
>>
>> yum info smart*
>>
> Smart is little different and uses different conf files then yum if I am
> not mistaken.

Correct Ljubomir. But most of the repo installation packages
install both yum and smart config files. Smart calls them channels,
and it's not hard to convert a yum repo file to a Smart
channel file.

you can see my PHP script for doing this here:

but it's virtually redundant now.

Kind Regards,

Keith Roberts

Websites: