[CentOS] CentOS 6 system-config-network missing

Emmett Culley emmett at webengineer.com
Mon Jul 11 23:00:47 UTC 2011

On 07/11/2011 03:26 PM, b.j. mcclure wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-07-11 at 14:35 -0700, Emmett Culley wrote:
>> The network configuration GUI is not to be found on any of the CentOS repos or on EPEL.  I am not interested in having NetworkManager installed on a server.  Is there an application that takes the place of system-config-network?
>>
>> Emmett
>
> There was much discussion about this on the RHEL 6 beta list several
> months ago.  Many complaints but nothing came of it as far as I know.  I
> just edit the config files in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/.
>
> B.J.
>
> RHEL 6.0, Linux 2.6.32-131.2.1.el6.x86_64

I guess I'll have to do that as well.  I couldn't manage bridge network via the GUI anyway.  I might try installing NetworkManager and disabling NM control for the bridged devices, but for now it seems easier to just edit the files in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts.

After all, they shouldn't be changing all that often on servers anyway...

Emmett