[CentOS] Switch from SL -> Centos

James Hogarth james.hogarth at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 09:46:55 UTC 2011

> An idle question:
>
> What is the advantage of switching to CentOS 6 if you already are
> running SL6? Or at least... what is the purpose? I'm not really clear on
> the difference (other than CentOS is the noisier bit of the party).

Plus when you have many systems (read 100+) to manage it is far better
to keep things consistent.... The 'test' Sl6 boxes that were used for
simulation of how C6 was likely to be will be replaced here so that
only CentOS channels are in Spacewalk and no SL etc.... it also
eliminates package confusion in Spacewalk (for instance) due to
identical NVREA between the channels...