[CentOS] CentOS 6 sync from ftp yum repos into Spacewalk

James Hogarth james.hogarth at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 09:51:23 UTC 2011

> When I try to sync CentOS 6 from different ftp mirrors using spacewalk
> command "spacewalk-repo-sync" I get this message " 'Unable to load
> package', 'Invalid information uploaded to the server' " for 38
> packages.  When I check, these 38 packages are not named correctly.
>
> For example, sync command is looking for
> "compat-libstdc++-33-3.2.3-69.el6-0.i686" package but only
> "compat-libstdc++-33-3.2.3-69.el6.i686" is available.

the -0 is epoch 0... which would be the same...

I'm currently carrying out tests against my spacewalk - I suggest that
you keep an eye on the spacewalk mailing lists....

One thing to check is the revision of spacewalk (1.4 is current), that
the channel is set to sha256 and not sha1 for package hashing and if
you have SL6 channels make sure that SW isn't getting confused with
the identical NVREA...