[CentOS] Installing from CD

Ron Blizzard rb4centos at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 18:53:55 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 10:29 AM, Steve Clark <sclark at netwolves.com> wrote:

> With an HP DL140 we open the cover and temporarily plug in a  standard atapi
> 5.25 DVD drive in place of the CD drive.

If he's talking about a standard Optiplex GX240, it takes a regular
IDE DVD drive which is almost a throw-away item these days. I would be
tempted to just pick one up on eBay and permanently install it. (I
realize this may not be an option if you have a whole floor of GX240s,
but for just the one I would think it would sure make life easier.)

--
RonB -- Using CentOS 5.6