[CentOS] Howto create a VPN connection on desktop (CentOS 6)

Mark Weaver mweaver at compinfosystems.com
Wed Jul 13 11:34:53 UTC 2011

On 7/12/2011 9:31 PM, Tommy E Craddock Jr wrote:

> On Jul 12, 2011, at 7:32 PM, Bill Campbell wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Jul 12, 2011, Mark Weaver wrote:
>>>
>>> I'd like to be able to create VPN connections on my laptop to connect to
>>> client locations and I was wondering if someone could point me in the
>>> right direction for this information. I've checked on the wiki, but
>>> didn't find anything.
>>
>> We use OpenVPN for pretty much everything other than iPhone and
>> iPad which don't grok OpenVPN.
>>
>> OpenVPN works quite nicely with Linux, Windows, and OS X.
>>
>> Bill
>> --
>>

> On a side note, I use this for iOS and OpenVPN:
>
> http://www.guizmovpn.com/
>

> <http://www.guizmovpn.com/>Works well.
>

> Tommy Craddock

I apologize for this being a bit off-topic, and I ask this of some
clients when they want to access their Citrix servers from their
iPhones, but why would one want to do something of this nature on a
device that you'd literally need binoculars to be able to see the screen?

For a short time I dabbled with an SSH app on my Droid X so that I could
connect to and interact with Linux servers that I've deployed, but found
it all but impossible to see the screen thus rendering the application
nothing more than something taking up space on my device. Now, it's a
different story if the device is an iPad or Galaxy tablet device, but a
phone?

--
Mark Weaver
Computer Information Systems & Services, Inc.
mweaver at compinfosystems.com
(717) 512-9718