[CentOS] centos x11

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Wed Jul 13 14:18:22 UTC 2011

Jerry Geis wrote:
> So there is longer an xorg.conf file in centos 6. Where is that stored
> now?
>
> When I am running host C5 and guest C6 using kvm all I can get is 800x600.
> They System->Preferences->Display app only has "detect monitor".
> There is no LCD selection anymore that would then allow me to select
> something higher than 800x600.

I think one's still created, where it was in /etc/X11. I *REALLY* am not
happy - I had to screw around for a while getting mine to work right:
brand new, as I've mentioned, Dell Precision 3500 with an Nvidia card.
There's no system-config-display, apparently, so I had to use startx. Then
it didn't detect the second monitor. I installed kmod-nvidia from elrepo,
and then had to rmmod nouveau, then I had to copy my xorg.conf from my old
system: didn't identify the monitor, didn't offer me the option to
manually configure/choose the monitor, and on, and on.
<snip>
> So how do increase my kvm screen size with C5 host and C6 guest, and
> where or how is X controlled now with no xorg.conf ?

If the host X works the way you want, try copying /etc/X11/xorg.conf to
the guest.

       mark