[CentOS] Howto create a VPN connection on desktop (CentOS 6)

Mark Weaver mweaver at compinfosystems.com
Wed Jul 13 17:19:42 UTC 2011

On 7/13/2011 7:52 AM, John Hodrien wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Jul 2011, John Hodrien wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 13 Jul 2011, Mark Weaver wrote:
>>
>>> What I've attempting to do is make it possible for me to connect to
>>> clients' servers where RRAS service is already running using PPTP so
>>> that I can connect remotely while I'm running Linux on my laptop so I
>>> don't have to stop what I'm doing and boot Windows.
>>
>> Does pptp and pptp-setup from EPEL get you to where you want to be?
>
> Sorry, that's just me being out of date and talking crap.
>
> I've never got on with NetworkManager-pptp in the past, so have used the base
> pptp client instead along with my own startup scripts.
>
> jh

understood. I've grown a bit lazy over the past few years which is why
I'm looking at doing it with NetworkManager rather than doing things
with commandline tools and scripts. Mostly for the ease of use and speed
aspect of it, so I can get as much done on the fly as possible without
getting distracted. I'd like to be able to use C6 as much as possible on
my laptop. I feel so out of touch with Linux these days because of the
overwhelming use of the windows platform for my clients.

I need to get back in touch with my inner penguin; I miss him, but by
the same token I just don't have the ambition I once had to dabble and
tinker which is why I was so utterly impressed when I loaded C6 on my
laptop and wasn't required to jack into the network get my wireless working.

--
Mark Weaver
Computer Information Systems & Services, Inc.
mweaver at compinfosystems.com
(717) 512-9718