[CentOS] PackageKit via ssh

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Wed Jul 13 20:19:21 UTC 2011

John R Pierce wrote:
> On 07/13/11 12:46 PM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
>> Would it work if you tried ssh -A -X user at hostname?
>
> I've not used that option, and the man page isn't explaining it to me
> such that I quite understand what it does.

I use it all the time. -A forwards authentication, if you've got an agent
running. Most likely, you've got ssh-agent as a daemon (check via ps). If
you've got a key in ~/.ssh/, like id_dsa & id_dsa.pub, and have used
ssh-add to add it, and the .pub is in the ~/.ssh/authorized_keys on the
targets, you can go from one machine to another to another, without have
to come back.

        mark