[CentOS] Problem with net-install

Brunner, Brian T. BBrunner at gai-tronics.com
Thu Jul 14 15:53:11 UTC 2011

centos-bounces at centos.org wrote:
> On 07/12/2011 02:32 PM, Brunner, Brian T. wrote:
>> Add: AMD Geode (586 non-PAE) can run CentOS 5 but not 6.
>>
>> Desired: Somebody who is good with repos and rpms please put the
>> linux kernel (for centos 6) "somewhere" so
>
> the via EPIA and the P3 mentioned earlier in this thread are all i686
> compatible, so pose no real issue for C6 to run on. However, with the
> Geode, it might be a bit more difficult.
>
> also, i suspect its not just the kernel that needs rebuilding and
> mod'ing of patches for, you might need to rebuild much of
> userland as well.
>
> - KB

-march=i586 cures many many many ills.
Rebuilding the whole damned distro takes a few zillion machine cycles.
Running the Linux Verification Suite takes another few zillion cycles.
But, once done, it's done.
It's just more spin domain knowledge than I wanted to become proficient
at.  However: if nobody else will, I must, or I must take my employers'
product/project and go elsewhere.

Insert spiffy .sig here:
Life is complex: it has both real and imaginary parts.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the
moments that take our breath away.

//me