[CentOS] autofs problem on CentOS6

John Hodrien

J.H.Hodrien at leeds.ac.uk
Fri Jul 15 11:02:43 UTC 2011

I'm trying to use autofs with Active Directory.

This works:

autofs_ldap_auth.conf:

<autofs_ldap_sasl_conf
    usetls="yes"
    tlsrequired="yes"
    authrequired="yes"
    clientprinc="nfs/myhost at MYDOMAIN"
/>

/etc/sysconfig/autofs:

LDAP_URI="ldap://domaincontroller1 ldap://domaincontroller2"

This also works if I replace the auth with a DIGEST-MD5 from GSSAPI (which
gets used by default).  Good so far.

However, I don't want to explicitly list the domain controllers.  Discovering
them via SRV records fails to work (even though logging clearly shows it's
discovered the correct records).  Going via a round-robin DNS target for th
LDAP_URI also fails, as I think autofs expects the server to think of itself
under the round-robin name, rather than its primary name, which breaks both
DIGEST and GSSAPI.

Anyone got any pointers on how to make this work, or is just a bug that I
should track down?

jh